Nepal Seattle Society (NSS) is a non-profitable, non-political and secular organization established in Seattle, Washington on March 14, 1999. NSS has been officially registered in the State of Washington on October 6, 2000 and is recognized as an Organization described in the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
The mission of NSS is to unite all people of Nepali origin in the state of Washington, to preserve and promote Nepalese culture, and to foster relations with friends of Nepal.
This corporation is organized for the purpose: to be operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including, for such purposes:
- To promote and preserve Nepalese culture and traditions.
- To develop mutual co-operation among Nepali people and with friends of Nepal.
- To disseminate information regarding Nepal and her culture and traditions.
- To promote educational and social activities to benefit the Nepali community
- To establish a network among Nepali organizations in different states.
- To help people in Nepal during natural calamities.