Nepal Seattle Society (NSS) is a non-profitable, non-political and secular organization established in Seattle, Washington on March 14, 1999. NSS has been officially registered in the State of Washington on October 6, 2000 and is recognized as an Organization described in the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
The mission of NSS is to unite all people of Nepali origin in the state of Washington, to preserve and promote Nepalese culture, and to foster relations with friends of Nepal.
The objective of this organization is to be operated exclusively for charitable, educational and cultural purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including, for such purposes:
- To promote and preserve Nepalese culture and tradition.
- To bridge the cultural gap between generations in Nepalese community.
- To develop mutual co-operation among Nepalese population in Washington state and friends of Nepal.
- To promote educational and social activities to benefit the local Nepalese community.
- To create a network among Nepalese organizations in neighboring states.
- To help Nepalese people during natural disasters.